Monday, August 20, 2007

Summer



Well, summer is rolling to an end. It's been a busy one for my family. We've taken a few trips and been to the beach a few times. I've been scrapbooking, just not as much as I would like. I've been working really hard at the store too.
Audrey is growing up faster than I would like and I'm sure that's how my mom felt about me too. I'm constantly taking pictures and really want to scrapbook them but with a toddler it seems impossible. Last week I got to spend a few hours with my friends scrapbooking and I did three layouts before the creative juices just went bye-bye, so I packed up and headed home to a sleeping husband and daughter...
I don't know if everyone has heard of Memory Makers, but it's a great scrapbooking magazine and every year they host a contest to become one of the Memory Makers Masters 10 winners and 10 runners up. I decided to enter the contest late but I still completed what had to be done. All winners were supposed to be contacted between the 15th and the 21st well, tomorrow is the 21st and I haven't gotten any phone calls so I'm just going to start creating for next year. For those of you who made it congrats, and I can't wait to see your work in the magazine! Next year I'd also like to try for Scrapbooker of the year from Creating Keepsakes, that's a huge honor. It's also a lot of work getting ready for it too.
I hope everyone comes in to check out Beach Scrapbooks, the store has really changed and it looks awesome. If you come by be sure to say hey!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Yo Amanda! I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. It feels like the summer has come and gone since I've seen ya! I'm so glad you entered the MMM and going out for SOY. You go girl!

Can't wait to check out the new store. It sounds awesome!

tiff